Visiting from Outside Canada?

Its Easier than you think. 

A valid passport is needed to enter Canada at all border crossing.  Information specific to US travellers can be found below. Travellers from other countries may require a VISA. 
To find out if you need a visa to enter Canada, please click here
For more information on applying for a visa to enter Canada, please click here 

Document Requirements For US Travellers

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, including land, sea and air access. U.S. citizens 16 years of age or older entering the United States at all ports of entry must have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security. A valid passport is required to enter Canada at all customs crossings. If you are traveling by AIR between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda, you must present a valid passport.

Requirements for Children

U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 are able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate, or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport

For detailed information about obtaining or renewing your U.S. passport, visit the U.S. Department of State, Passport Services Office website, or access U.S. passport application services from the United States Postal Service.

NEXUS Program

NEXUS membership fulfills the travel document requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. The NEXUS program is limited to citizens of Canada and the United States, lawful permanent residents of the United States and permanent residents of Canada. For information on how to apply visit: